The Storm and The Orphanage (Part 1)

The Storm (Part 1)

    It was a dark and stormy night. The torrential rain poured down heavily and the forceful wind blew violently. "It never rains here," dad commented, "At least not during autumn." I was 7, living in Kansas. It was the dry autumn. "I suspect a storm's coming," my mother said. "No worries. Shouldn't be too bad. I've experienced tons of tornadoes. And I survived all of them with no major injury," dad talked back, "We could hide in our storm cellar if any of those do come."

    Soon enough, a tornado came. Grey clouds started swirling from the sky to the ground. When the weapon of monstrous destruction was almost done, we noticed the tornado and quickly ran into the storm shelter. "This one's a bit different from all those other tornadoes I've seen. Looks like it's a bit wilder you know." The lid to the cellar flung open. The tornado edged closer. We pulled down the lid as hard as we could.

    Then suddenly, the hinges to the lid broke and dad got pulled by the tornado with the lid. Fortunately, we caught his leg and adrenalin shot through us. But that was all I could remember. All the strength I had used against the tornado made me faint. I was born with anemia.

I woke up and I saw myself in a totally different room...















To Be Continued...



Comments

Post a Comment