The Lost Island {Part 4 of 4}

The Lost Island {Part 4}


    We searched around the island for 3 hours. It was so massive it could be an entire continent itself. After some time, we finally found the cave the possessed eagle lived in. "Guys," Naomi whispered under her breath,  The eaglesnake is right there sleeping." I figured she meant the possessed eagle was there. We crept around. I slowly snuck up behind the eaglesnake. I drew out my sword, trying not to wake it up. But when the cold blade of my sword touched the creature, It awakened! It turned around, but not in time. I quickly pierced the snake's heart of stone. But the snake just regrew it's heart and it's wound recovered straight away! "Antoine!" Naomi shouted, "You forgot about the magical elixir that can dissolve the snake's heart!" Naomi threw the jar and I caught it. I quickly opened it, but the snake knocked it off my hand. The snake got hit by Naomi's arrow so I quickly ran to the jar of elixir and poured it onto my sword. I then quickly pierced the sword into the snake's heart.

    Suddenly, the snake turned into a lump of rock with my sword stuck in it. I tried to pull it out but I couldn't. "Antoine! Just leave the sword! The cave and the island is starting to crumble!" Naomi shouted over the noise of the earthquake, "We need another way out without using the boats or it will be too late!" "I can give you all a lift," said the eagle in a deep voice. So we left on the eagle's back and into the skies.

    When we headed home, we reported to the king about what and that the snake was now killed. "Great," said the king, "You may all now head back to your homes and have a good rest. When I arrived home, I fell asleep straight away on my bed. So I guess that was how I managed to save an entire continent from mass destruction.

Comments